Some of the key attributes of highly successful individuals are:
- Job skills – knowledge and skills of the particular field
- Analytical skills – imagination, creative thinking, reasoning, decision making, etc.
- Social skills – interacting, managing and motivating others
- Personal attitudes – self discipline, will power, ambition, optimism, etc.
- Values – integrity, honesty, respect, tolerance, empathy, etc.
Most of these skills and values are not formally taught in schools and colleges!
- Early years are the most critical learning period, and kindergarten is too late to start learning.
- Reading habits are important and need to be developed early.
- Children have a lot of free time that can be used more productively.
- Now is the time to prepare our children for the competition they will face in the future.